Wednesday, February 25, 2009

CD package: Margot

After I did their digital album cover, the Italian prog group Margot asked for a full CD package with the same concept as the cover. I figured if I was going to pay homage to Roger Dean and Storm Thorgerson on their cover, I may as well go all out on the rest of the package, too, so I put together a Hipgnosis-style cryptic story told in images.

The cover shows a strange post-apocalyptic field with ancient TVs picking up old broadcast signals.


How'd they get there? Well, inside we first see some scientists carrying TVs out into the field...


They place them and test for broadcast signals. To pick up the ancient broadcasts, they need to be in a spot without trees or buildings to interfere... thus the big empty field.


Now that the old TVs are working, the researchers ask their impressionable test subject to turn them on. Good thing she finds an old broadcast of Margot videos.

No comments: